The Haverhill Youth Soccer travel program is tailored to the more serious players. Games are played against other teams throughout Essex County. The travel schedule includes 8 games in the fall and 8 games in the spring. That means 4 home and 4 away games each season. Games are scheduled for Saturdays although make-up games may be held during the week. Travel teams usually practice 2 nights per week. The travel season generally begins and ends about the same time as our in-town program, however the schedule is set by the county, not by Haverhill Youth Soccer. Age groups in the travel program range from U10 to U14 both seasons. If supported by registration numbers, U16 and U18 may also play in the spring. Player evaluations for the fall teams in age groups U10 to U14 are held in June.
The number of teams entered into the Essex County Youth Soccer Association (ECYSA) league depends on the number of kids registering in the different age groups. If a child is chosen they will remain with that team for the fall and spring seasons unless roster changes are made due to extenuating circumstances. There are approximately 300 boys and girls participating in the travel program each season. Almost all of our coaches are licensed and/or have attended training clinics.
The U10 games are non-results oriented, meaning the scores are not posted and there are no playoffs after the spring season. There is a Friendship Tournament for this age group in which all participants receive a trophy or a medal. The U12 to U18 teams can qualify for the ECYSA playoffs after the spring season based on the spring results. If they happen to win there, they would represent the county in that age group at the Massachusetts Tournament of Champions at UMass Amherst near the end of June.
If you have any questions or need more information, please send an e-mail to the Travel Director.
Please check in at the registration desk during the appropriate time listed below based on your age group. Also, parents will need to sign off on the uniform order form (even if the player is not ordering a new uniform) so we ask that at least one parent stay with the player through the check-in process.
- No Travel or Club jerseys, t-shirts, shorts, etc. We ask that you please wear appropriate soccer apparel (with no names on shirts).
- Shin guards are mandatory (with socks over the shin guards)!
- Hair should be tied back with a “soft hair item" (yarn, rubber bands, etc.) - no metal barrettes, etc.
- No jewelry including; earrings, watches, bracelets (medical bracelets need to be taped), wrist bands, "sillybandz", etc.
- Please bring water and a properly inflated soccer ball with the player's name on it (U10 and U12 - size 4, U14 - size 5).
- For those players that did not play Travel Soccer this past year - please remember to bring a copy of the player's birth certificate for age verification if you did not provide it on June 16.
- No photo is necessary as we will be taking head shot photos as a part of the check in process.
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes prior to your evaluation time...U10 check in tends to take a bit longer due to uniform sizing.
- All new players will need a new uniform kit ($50) or if the player needs uniform pieces (Jersey $30, Shorts $15, Socks $5)...please bring your checkbook as we cannot accept cash and we require payment prior to ordering uniforms...
- Consentino Middle School - U10 Boys from 9:00 am to 10:15 am with check in starting at 8:30 am
- Consentino Middle School - U10 Girls from 10:30 am to 11:45 am with check in starting at 10:00 am
- Consentino Middle School - U12 Boys from 12:00 noon to 1:15 pm with check in starting at 11:30 am
- Consentino Middle School - U12 Girls from 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm with check in starting at 1:00 pm
- Consentino Middle School - U14 Boys from 3:00 pm to 4:15 pm with check in starting at 2:30 pm
- Consentino Middle School - U14 Girls from 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm with check in starting at 4:00 pm